New Student Move-In Instructions
Housing opens on August 20
Welcome! We are looking forward to seeing you. Move-In Day is such an exciting day, and we are working hard to insure the day goes well for your family. Please read the details below.
- Prior to coming
- Congratulations! Your housing assignment has been emailed to you.
- Please review all Move-In instructions.
- Please make sure that you have completed your Housing Express Check-in forms ahead of time and bring it with you. Access the forms from umhb.edu/accepted.
- Be sure to pack all items in boxes or containers.
- To avoid losing any belongings, prior to arriving please label all boxes/containers with student’s last name, residence hall name, and room number. [EX: Smith, Gettys #108]
- Consider purchasing items locally after move-in. [EX: cases of water, food items, cleaning supplies for room, etc.] Belton has a Super Wal-Mart and an HEB Plus near campus.
- Plan to report at your assigned check-in time
We want to make moving in at UMHB a fun and enjoyable day. Due to construction on campus, it is necessary to adhere to your assigned time on the color-coded placard which also has your residence hall and room number. Exceptions will not be made to the traffic flow patterns on the day of Move-In Day. Students will not be allowed early entry to their residence halls under any circumstances.
- On Move-In Day, Wednesday, August 20, follow instructions below:
- When you arrive at your assigned residence hall, Move-In Staff will direct you to park in a temporary unloading area. The driver must stay with the vehicle until it has been moved out of the unloading area.
- Once parked in the unloading area, the student should go immediately to the check-in area of his/her residence hall and receive his/her room key. He/she must immediately return to the unloading area after receiving his/her key.
- While the student is picking up keys, the move-in staff will help unload your vehicle and place all belongs in a holding area outside the residence hall.
- After the car has been unloaded by our move-in staff, the driver must immediately move his/her vehicle and will be directed to available parking. Vehicles cannot remain parked in the unloading zones.
- One person in the party must stay with the student’s belongings as they are unloaded in the holding area while other party members and move-in staff help transport the belongings to the student’s room.
Move-In Day Hours
- Campus Store Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 1845 Grill in Bawcom Student Union: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Dining Hall in Bawcom Student Union: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. [families pay at the door for all-you-care-to-eat]
- Welcome Week check-in table in the quad: 7:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Registrar, Bursar, Information Technology, all other business offices: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Feel free to get in contact with us and we will be happy to answer any questions or calm any nerves you might have. Contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-800-727-8642. You can also contact the Student Development Office: 254-295-4590
- Be checking the mail for updated move-in information!
- There will be a social at night to take a break from un-packing into your new home.
- Class Registration and financial settlements will be available for all students in the Sanderford complex. For more information please contact the Registrar's office at (254) 295-4510.
- Click here for directions to the campus as well as a campus map.