New Student Move-In Instructions
Housing opens on August 16
Welcome! We are looking forward to seeing you. Move-In Day is such an exciting day, and we are working hard to ensure the day goes well for your family.
Please read the details below.
- Prior to arriving
- Congratulations! Your housing assignment has been emailed to you.
- Please review all Move-In instructions.
- Please make sure that you have completed your Housing Express Check-In forms. Instructions on how to complete these forms will be e-mailed to you during the summer, and you will be given a deadline for completion.
- Be sure to pack all items in boxes or containers.
- To avoid losing any belongings, prior to arriving please label all boxes/containers with student’s last name, residence hall name, and room number. [EX: Smith, Gettys #108]
- Consider purchasing items locally after move-in (ex: cases of water, food items, cleaning supplies for room, etc.). Belton has a Wal-Mart Supercenter and an H-E-B Plus near campus.
- Plan to report at your assigned check-in time
We want to make moving in at UMHB a fun and enjoyable day. Due to construction on campus, it is necessary to adhere to your assigned time on the color-coded placard which also has your residence hall and room number. Exceptions will not be made to the traffic flow patterns on the day of Move-In Day. Students will not be allowed early entry to their residence halls under any circumstances.
- On Move-In Day, Wednesday, August 16, follow instructions below:
- When you arrive at your assigned residence hall, Move-In Staff will direct you to park in a temporary unloading area. The driver must stay with the vehicle until it has been moved out of the unloading area.
- Once parked in the unloading area, the student should go immediately to the check-in area of his/her residence hall and receive his/her room key. He/she must immediately return to the unloading area after receiving his/her key.
- While the student is picking up keys, the move-in staff will help unload your vehicle and place all belongs in a holding area outside the residence hall.
- After the car has been unloaded by our move-in staff, the driver must immediately move his/her vehicle and will be directed to available parking. Vehicles cannot remain parked in the unloading zones.
- One person in the party must stay with the student’s belongings as they are unloaded in the holding area while other party members and move-in staff help transport the belongings to the student’s room.
Move-In Day Hours
- Campus Store Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 1845 Grill in Bawcom Student Union: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Dining Hall in Bawcom Student Union: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. [families pay at the door for all-you-care-to-eat]
- Welcome Week check-in table, first floor lobby of Bawcom Student Union: 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Registrar, Bursar, Information Technology, all other business offices: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Feel free to get in contact with us, and we will be happy to answer any questions or calm any nerves you might have. Contact the Student Development Office at (254) 295-4590.
- Be checking the mail for updated move-in information!
- There will be a social at night to take a break from un-packing into your new home.
- Class Registration and financial settlements will be available for all students in the Sanderford complex. For more information please contact the Registrar's office at (254) 295-4510.
- Click here for directions to the campus as well as a campus map.