First-time students are students who will be attending a college or university for the very first time. To apply to UMHB as a first-time student, follow the steps below.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit your application for admission.
- Submit a non-refundable $35 application fee. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card. Otherwise, please send a check or money order payable to University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, with the student's name specified on the memo-line, to the address listed below:
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
Office of Admissions
UMHB Box 8004
900 College Street
Belton, Texas 76513
- Submit an official transcript from each high school attended. Transcripts will only be considered official when sent directly from the institution to UMHB via the address above. Final official transcripts must be submitted upon graduation and must include your graduation date and class rank.
- Submit your scores from the SAT or ACT. The SAT or ACT score is required for all first-time college students. Students are also required to submit a writing sample score from the SAT or ACT. (All students take the writing portion on the SAT, but you must request it on the ACT) . First-time college students aged 25 or older who do not rank in the upper half of their high school graduating class will be required to take the ACT or SAT.
[ACT phone number (319) 337-1313; UMHB school code 4128]
[SAT phone number (866) 704-0176; UMHB school code 6396]
- The student must:
- Rank in the top half of their high school graduating class and score a minimum SAT of 950* or minimum ACT of 20, OR
- Rank in the lower half of their high school graduating class and score a minimum SAT of 990* or minimum ACT of 21, OR
- Rank in the top 10% of their high school graduating class with no minimum SAT or ACT score
- *SAT score equals Critical Reading + Math. All students must complete a written portion of the exam, but no minimum score is required.
- The student must have graduated from a regionally accredited or state accredited high school with 24 units which must include:
- English (4)
- Social Science (3.5)
- Science (3)
- Foreign Language (2)
- Mathematics (3)
- Or received the General Education Diploma (GED) with a 50 composite score