Transfer students are students who have earned college credit hours after graduating from high school or are currently in the process of earning college credit hours. Students transferring less than 12 transferable credit hours will be required to follow the First-Time College Student application process as well as the following.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit your application for admission.
- Submit a non-refundable $35 application fee. If you are applying online, you may pay by credit card. Otherwise, please send a check or money order payable to University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, with the student's name specified on the memo-line, to the address listed below:
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
Office of Admissions
UMHB Box 8004
900 College Street
Belton, Texas 76513
- Submit an official transcript from each high school and each college attended. Transcripts will only be considered official when sent directly from the institution to UMHB via the address above.
- If you have completed less than 12 transferrable college credit hours, submit your official SAT or ACT scores.
- The student must be transferring credits from a regionally accredited college or university.
- The student must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better (based on a four-point system). Entering GPA will be calculated using all hours attempted. The one exception to this requirement concerns a course that was repeated. In this circumstance, only the last grade received for the repeated course will be used when calculating the entering GPA.
- The student must not be on scholastic or disciplinary suspension from any college or university.
A limited number of students deficient in any of the above may be admitted on probationary status by consent of the Admissions Committee. Admission status will be based on overall transfer grade point average and academic standing at the last college/university attended.