How to apply for undergraduate study:
- Complete your International Application form online and submit your non-refundable $135 application fee. You can pay when you submit your online application or choose one of our other payment options.
- Submit your high school transcripts including proof of program completion, such as a high school diploma or certificate. If you have not already graduated, you should submit proof of your program completion when it is received. Please note that submitted materials should be translated into English.
- Submit proof of English Proficiency in the form of aTOEFL or IELTS score card. UMHB offers a full-time English language program for international students. View English Proficiency Information.
- Submit proof of current meningitis vaccine or booster. Visit our Health Center page to learn more about the meningitis requirement, tuberculosis test, and recommended vaccines.
- Submit the required Statement of Understanding. You may also submit the optional FERPA Release Form.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page. You passport must be valid at least 6 months from your expected date of enrollment.
You may submit information via
- Email International Student Services
International Student Services
UMHB Box 8367
900 College Street
Belton, Texas 76513
- Fax: 1-254-295-4903
All degree-seeking students must:
- Meet university degree requirements to include chapel requisites and six semester hours of religion courses.
- Maintain good academic progress in order to continue enrollment.
Prospective international graduate students, please follow the same steps as the international undergraduate students. We will contact you regarding specific requirements for admission to your chosen graduate program. You may also consult the graduate catalog to determine requirements. Click here to view the Graduate Catalog
Steps for Accepted International Students
Congratulations on being accepted to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor! We are looking forward to welcoming you to our campus. Here are the steps necessary to qualify for the United States Citizenship and Immigration form I-20.
- Submit a certified Affidavit of Support from individuals or agencies stating (in US dollars) the monetary commitments to cover the total cost of attending UMHB. The current cost for two semesters (one academic year) at UMHB is approximately $15,000.00. This includes 12 hours of tuition/fees and room/board for the fall and spring semesters. Your affidavits of support must equal at least this amount. Necessary forms for the Affidavit of Support are available at www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-134.htm. Please note that the Affidavit of Support requires supporting evidence such as a letter from the sponsor's bank and letters from employers. Also, the US government requires that the Affidavit be notarized by a US consulate employee if the sponsor is outside the United States.
- Submit copies of all previous I-20's.
- Submit an advance deposit of $5000.00 (US dollars only). This deposit will be credited to the student's account. It will be used to pay any outstanding application fees, dormitory deposit, and the International Reserve deposit of $1000.00. The remainder will be credited toward the first semester's tuition and fees. A receipt will be issued to the student.
No I-20 will be issued until all required documentation and deposit have been received by the International Student Services office.